We Respect Your Privacy
At Goodman Solutions Pty Ltd ABN 30 629 144 305 (hereinafter referred to as Goodman Solutions) the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
What kind of personal information does Goodman Solutions collect and hold?
The kind of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us;
- your Goodman Solutions newsletter subscription details;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does Goodman Solutions collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- make a purchase through our network which includes our website, social media, and other platforms like Eventbrite and Humantix;
- participate in a Goodman Solutions survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaigns;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from Goodman Solutions;
- sign up to a waitlist or an event;
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
- In certain circumstances, we may also collect personal information about you in the course of combining and analysing different data sets which, in and of themselves, may not contain personal information.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
- people making a purchase on your behalf;
- our business clients such as venues, promoters (i.e. Humantix, Eventbrite) and analytics software.
Also, from time to time Goodman Solutions collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. Goodman Solutions’ policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does Goodman Solutions hold personal information?
Goodman Solutions may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
- information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website, and
- personal information we receive from our client businesses, who, in common with us, have a relationship with you and where we understand that you have consented to such group companies and client businesses sharing your personal information with us.
We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Goodman Solutions protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third-party data storage provider. It is in a proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
Data collected online is stored in a Microsoft SQL database; a protected, secure data centre that is unreachable by the internet. Goodman Solutions encrypts data sent from your computer to our systems during internet transactions. Goodman Solutions also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems.
Goodman Solutions employees/contractors are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Goodman Solutions as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required to sign in and use a password when accessing Goodman Solutions and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which Goodman Solutions may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, Goodman Solutions only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which Goodman Solutions collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to process and fulfil your orders for tickets/services (or other items) from us;
- to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets;
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised ticket onselling;
- for business research and development of new products and services,
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we run;
- displaying content and advertising (including in relation to tickets and events) that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation activities;
- verifying your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends;
- marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
Sometimes Goodman Solutions will produce aggregated data. Goodman Solutions may also receive aggregated data from its third-party suppliers and contractors or business customers. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. Goodman Solutions uses, and may combine, the aggregated data it produces and receives for research purposes and in connection with products and services we provide to our business clients.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, Goodman Solutions may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your Goodman Solutions communication preferences by contacting Dr Goodman ((email@example.com). In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies (ie Humantix) or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact Dr Goodman.
Who might Goodman Solutions disclose my personal information to?
Goodman Solutions may disclose your personal information:
- to venue operators and to promoters of events for which you purchase tickets. Goodman Solutions discloses your personal information to such organisations for operational purposes and also because from time to time they may choose to provide you with information about their events by ordinary post. If you consent, these organisations may use this information to provide you with promotional and marketing material about their events via email. You may change your preference to receive email marketing at any time directly with the organisations which have obtained your information. If you do not have their details, you can contact Goodman Solutions administration directly; and
- to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. Goodman Solutions may disclose your personal information to third-party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, provide us with fraud prevention services, operate certain features accessible from our website such as the Google AdWords, send out our mail/email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals.
Otherwise, Goodman Solutions will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
What happens if Goodman Solutions does not collect my personal information?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option of not providing personal information, or of using a pseudonym, when you deal with Goodman Solutions. For most events, you may be able to make a cash transaction at a Goodman Solutions retail agency without providing personal information.
However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you, for example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change or we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
Sometimes our website contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non- Goodman Solutions, please understand that Goodman Solutions is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that Goodman Solutions holds about you and seek its correction. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s licence or passport. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Complaints and how to contact Dr Goodman can be contacted by:
- e-mail at email@example.com
- letter to PO Box 346 Applecross WA 6953
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Last updated 3 February 2021